Wednesday 20 July 2016

Unit 2 Reflection

                                                                        
Better late than never 
Unit 2 Reflection 


Oral
Reading
Writing
Media
Strengths:

How did rehearsing the reading of your story help you to make a better recording of it? 

I think what helped me the most to comprehend Shakespeare’s language is listening to the audio book as I followed with the book in hand. This allowed me to hear how all the words are properly pronounced and tonal expressions helped to establish the mood and subtext.
Strengths:

How did reading the content of the lesson first allow you to analyze the stories in the activities?   How did graphic organizers assist you in some of the activities?

I found that reading the content gave me a very good idea of what I was looking for in the reading that proceeded. Therefore, I could read with a goal, theme or idea in mind to direct my reading. Graphic organizers like the plot synopsis diagram really helped me to narrow down the act into important details and key points
Strengths:

How did the discussions assist you in revising your work?  Where do you think your writing improved the most in this unit?

The discussions we did as a class helped me because peer evaluation is very valuable. I think my writing improved most by expanding my vocabulary with new words that I learned from Shakespeare’s language and literature style.
Strengths:

Different media really helped me to understand this play. I listened to an audio book as I read, researched graphic organizers like characters maps to see relationships and watched multiple different performances of specific acts. This made me comprehend the themes, messages and stage business for the play.

















Areas for Improvement

What aspects of the oral reading/recording process did you find challenging? Why?  What steps can you take to improve?

I think to improve on oral reading I can read Shakespeare out loud as well because that slows my reading down so I can gather more from the text. Sometimes when I read in my head without an audio book just silently, I read too quickly and miss important details.
Areas for Improvement

What stories were particularly difficult for you?  Why?  How can you improve this?

Some stories in the content were a little more difficult to understand like the Great Chain of Being and Allegory of the Cave. The stories themselves weren’t too hard but linking it to A Midsummer Night’s Dream was more challenging. To improve I can try reading the subtext to make connections.
Areas for Improvement

What did you find the most challenging about the writing process in this unit? What steps can you take to improve?

What I found most challenging in the writing process in this unit was the iambic pentameter poem. This was very challenging to think of long syllables and short syllables because it is something that I had never done before. Exposing myself and exploring different styles of poetry will improve my overall understanding of distinct poetic styles.
Areas for Improvement



I think I can improve my overall media literacy by visualizing how I would interpret and organize an Act because there are many different ways this play can be shown. By Completing the “Director’s Cut”, I realized how little details make a big difference for a performance.
















            The blog post that I am most proud of is Puck's Speech. At first, I was very confused with the iambic pentameter format but once I got going and rhyming it was actually fun. For any poem I have to write for school I always like to rhyme them because I like the sounds of it when read aloud. Also, I was pretty happy once I had finished editing so that every line had exactly 10 syllables! That took a while. In all, the Puck's speech assignment was my most successful   assignment for A Midsummer's Night Dream. 

No comments:

Post a Comment