Saturday 23 July 2016

Reflection on Unit 3

Reflecting on Unit 3- Short Stories

Katrina K


Oral
Reading
Writing
Media
Strengths:

There wasn’t a very big oral component for this unit but by reading, interpreting and writing dialogue I learned how tonal expression is important for short stories.
Strengths:

Reading the content of the lesson really made me aware of what I was searching for in the stories ahead. Focuses on individual elements of shorts stories made it easier to comprehend.
Strengths:

I think my overall writing has improved with the help of each planning stage. Building my short story’s different elements at the end of each activity helped me to break down important things. Once I was ready to put it all together, bringing all these elements was easier, therefore, it came together nicer.
Strengths:

My multi-media poster directly reflects the main character, themes, and details in my story. I have pictures of how I imagined Paisley and what she represents in the story. Also, I put a Paisley design on the poster which is a connection people won’t make until they read the book.


Areas for Improvement
What I found most difficult with the oral component of this unit was actually writing dialogue. Where to put spaces, commas and quotations is something that I need to continue to work on.
Areas for Improvement

For some short stories, I found it difficult to interpret the allegory, symbolism or message coded in the text. To improve on this, I can read between the lines and determine the theme of the short story.
Areas for Improvement

I found writing my short story mildly challenging because I had never written one before. I didn’t realize how long it was going to   be until I got going. Following my plot outline really helped.
Areas for Improvement

Making the multi-media poster of my short story was a learning curve for me because I wanted to include enough about the story without actually giving it away which was a challenging. I had to remember also that tit was an advertisement.


No comments:

Post a Comment