Tuesday 12 July 2016

Act 3, Scene 1: Bottom's soliloquy- post transformation

I came back to the group to continue discussing our play and everyone immediately ran away! They seemed to be making a fool of me; they are obviously just jealous of my acting skills. Snout and Quince came back after to tell me that I had been transformed but I had no idea what they were talking about. Their practical joke had gone far enough. I would stay there without them and sing which will show those amateur actors that I am not so easily fooled. Soon after, I came upon a beautiful lady in the woods. She seemed to really like my singing and wanted to hear more from me with a burning passion. Finally, someone appreciates my talents. She complimented me on my wisdom and obvious good looks. Finally, a woman who recognizes my extraordinary attributes! She wanted me to stay with her and summoned a few other little girls. I met Peaseblossom, Cobweb, Moth and Mustardseed who all treated me as a King like they should. Later on, I was lead to a beautiful feast with the finest of fruits and delicacies then to a flowery bed to relax. All the while I was treated royally. This was the opportunity for which I had been waiting forever, it seems a little odd it happened today with all the heap about the Duke and Duchesses’ but I’m not complaining. Someone like me deserves the finest treatment like that every day.


1 comment:

  1. Perfect pic. You capture the self celebration Bottom would appreciate.

    ReplyDelete