Monday 25 July 2016

Reading Strategies

            Reading strategies are really important to help me comprehend complicated literature. I used multiple reading strategies while completing A Midsummer Night's Dream. For tricky parts in the text, like long monologues or speeches, I broke it into chunks and pinpointed the important ideas. Also, for many complicated words, I used the surrounding context to decipher the meaning or at least and idea of its importance. These two strategies were very important for Shakespeare's play because it is written in a different  literature style that makes it harder to understand. Another strategy I used to keep track of important events in each scene was to summarize as I read. The plot synopsis organizer helped with that so I could look back to get important themes and ideas without searching through the whole act.
            These reading strategies made my reading more efficient and effective and I will continue to use them as I go forward with the novel study of The Road. 





















taken from teachthought.com

No comments:

Post a Comment