Thursday 14 July 2016

Act 5 Assignment 3: Entertainment of A Midsummer Night's Dream from the P.O.V. of Puck

You are Puck.  What have been the most enjoyable moments in A Midsummer Night’s Dream from your unique perspective?  Why?


I do love messing with mortals. They are so oblivious, stupid and funny to tease. These past few days have been a whirlwind of opportunities for me. First of all, in my defense, I did not get proper directions from Theseus about the Athenian men and that is the reason for the little mix-up. Boy! Was that ever fun! The lady, Helena was flaunting over him at first then he couldn’t get enough of her after I put that magical flower juice on him. The other one too! Oh man; was that ever a show. The two men obsessing over Helena due to the enchantment was entertaining to watch and she thought it was all a joke! The girls started to bicker back and forth about stealing each other’s lovers and Lysander and Demetrius wanted to fight. I think the best part was after that when I had quite some fun making the two men lost in the woods. I would call their name and make noises in the bush; you should have seen their faces. The brave Athenian’s were frightened and horribly confused. Ah, mortals…. So easily manipulated. I cannot forget about Bottom the ass as well! That was pretty genius on my part; he was obnoxious, rude and arrogant so the animal characteristics fit him perfectly. I absolutely loved watching Titania fall in love with him. Her reaction upon awakening was priceless as well. In the end, the hempen homespuns did a terrible job. Once again, those mortals made me double over with laughter while I watched from afar. This whole kerfuffle has been quite amusing and fun for me. I can’t wait to mess with more of the mortal’s minds soon. 

1 comment:

  1. Good effort and honesty.
    Proofread.
    there are times when you need to shorten your sentences. You want to say too much all at once. There's nothing wrong with shorter sentences.

    ReplyDelete